Remember The Rolodex
Can you remember before we had the Internet (If you don't, that's ok) We used to have to remember numbers for our friends or keep a Rolodex. When you wanted to organize an event. All you did was pull out the ol Rolodex and all you did call the right people. This is the most basic form of an “Email List.” In principle.
It just meant having a list of people you had on your personal file and you called the right people when you needed to offer something. A message, an Invite, a birthday wish, a congratulations, maybe you called to tell your friends about that Movie you just watch or bought. You had a list and it was just there when you needed to call someone.
If you are new to Internet Marketing you may have heard the phrase Email List Building. Well List building is just a very modern way of having people on “speed-dial” in the form of an email.
Now you may be thinking “What has this got to do with Marketing and how can it benefit my business” Well in the BIGGEST way possible.
There are so many reasons why Email List building is important and I'm going to cover a few of them. I will also put a Hangout we had last night on this very subject if you prefer watching video.
Email list building is just collecting emails from people who want to hear more about what you have to offer. With their permission off course. Over time your list can get really big and when you have thousands of people to email all you do is through the use of an Auto-Responder is send one email out and reach all of your subscribers at once.
So many corporations are starting to do this because of how effective it is.
Email List Building Builds Relationship
So many Marketer forget that if they want to build a sustained business they need to build relationships with there customer base. Building a list of emails in a data-base enables you to do just that. I email my list about 4 to 7 times a weeks.
Not only to share important info about my business but to let people know what is going on in my life. Last night for example I told told my customers about my Internet connection that was cut for a whole day and all the hassle I went through. Why? Because when you share personal moments with your customers you build trust and they get to know you better.
Just making that a part of your emails will get customers to know you better. This also give you a chance to ask questions and get feedback from your clients. Just simply add “Hit “Reply” and let me know”
No One Can Take Your Subscribers Away.
Have you ever thought about what would happen if YouTube decided to delete your channel. Do you have a right to complain. Maybe? But honestly. NO you don't. YouTube is Free and they have the right to do what they want.
The fact that you can use Googles Platform is amazing BUT it's a Privilege not a Right. Think about it… Same goes for Facebook or Instagram. Most Social Media Platforms are Free. Look at what happened with Major Twitter Accounts held by Political Celebrities.
They get banned. Why, Twitter doesn't need a reason. They just can do it. They give some form of a reason but THEY DON'T NEED TO. It may sound unfair but it's True. Owning your own email list is owning YOUR own email list. You pay for the Rights to it. Even if your subs on YouTube get taken away. You will always have your email list.
It Can Become an ATM machine.
Now before you get all. That's a bit greedy. Let me explain. This is fact and anybody with a huge email list will tell you the same. If you have thousands of people on an email list who are interested in what you have to say. It stands to reason that you will make money from it when you promote a product and you are an affiliate.
One well respected Marketer describes it like this. He wakes up in the morning and sees the new iPhone on TV. He says to himself “I really want one” Then he send out an email for a product he endorses and Vwalla, he's made a few thousand dollars. It's that simple. It really is.
Catch the hangout Me and few of my Business Partners did on this subject.
- Fake It Till You Make It MYTH From a South African
- How To Find Clients Online
- How To Sell Anything To Anybody
- How To Increase Your Net Worth
- Why Network Marketing Is Not Working
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #1
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #2
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #03
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #04
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #05
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #06
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #07
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #08
- How To Become The Center of Attention Without Being Selfish
- How To Sell Anything To Anyone – You HAVE TO HURT EM!
- How To Attract Customers For Online Marketing STOP SELLING
- Remember The Idiot – I have NOT Forgotten – NEVER!
- How to become a Leader or Mentor
- The Most Dangerous Words In The English Language
- How To Start a Business Online With No Money MYTH
- How To Work When You Don't Want To
- How To Deal With Anger And Why We Get Angry
- Why Helping Others Actually Helps Yourself
- Are you a follower or a Leader
- The Most Important Word Ever
- The Question I Get Asked The Most About How To Start a Business Online
- How to Influence People EVERY Time
- Is School a Waste of Time or Is Traditional Education Still Valuable?
- Learning How To Learn
- How To Start An Online Business From a Third World Country
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #09
- How to stop judging people | Learn Why Judging People Is a Waste of Time
- How To Take Control of Your Life and Step Into Leadership
- How To Build Trust and Credibility
- How To Have More Self Control
- How To Be The Best Version of Yourself
- Interview With a South African Entrepreneur
- What Would You Do With $25, 000
- How You Can Improve Self Image (4 Easy Simple Steps)
- Starting a Business With No Money
- The Power of Your Mind
- Who is Maria Özkanli (Success From the Netherlands)
- Which Bank Account Do you Work With
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #10
- Nobody Wants To Help Me
- How Do You Get Noticed
- Accountability Partner REALLY?
- Emotion and Business
- How To NOT Be Overwhelmed
- Do Network Marketers Brainwash You
- I Do Not Have Time To Run a Business Online
- How To Fix a Reputation
- Online Marketing Bloopers | Our Gag Real Made Public
- Stop Being So Interesting | ENOUGH ALREADY
- Should You Create Your Own Product
- I Wanted To Be a Security Guard
- How To Target Customers For Business | Finding Your Avatar
- You Need This to Start a Business Online SERIOUSLY
- Secret Sauce to Success in Online Marketing
- Police Officer Almost Killed On Duty | Now is 6 Figure Earner
- Good Habits For Success | My Best Habits Series – #10
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch PART 1
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch PART 2
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch PART 3
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch PART 4
- Why Do People Fail In Business
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch PART 5
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch PART 6
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch | HANGOUT Part 1
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch PART 7
- Freedom Funnel System Review – Does Freedom Funnel System Work
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch PART 8
- How To Build an Online Business From Scratch | HANGOUT Part 2
- internet marketing for beginners | Why Email List Building